Unit 1 Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the function of Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) in Web communications.
- Identify a Universal Resource Locator (URL) in a segment of HTML code.
- Describe the basics of the Domain Name System (DNS) used on the Internet and private networks.
- Describe the function of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) in Web communications and describe the relationship between CSS and HTML.
- Define the terms "presentational” and "semantic” mean in the context of HTML/CSS coding.
- Describe the role played by hosting services on the Web.
- List three different variants of (X)HTML in wide use on the Web.
- Describe how the widespread use of different web browsers can affect the decisions made by a web-master or the author of a site.
- Identify software that can be used to create, maintain, or modify HTML and CSS.
- Describe the uses of a Content Management System.
- Create empty HTML and CSS files.
- Identify the parts of HTML and CSS files.
Last modified: Wednesday, 6 April 2016, 3:21 PM