Unit 4 Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will be able to:
- differentiate the population from a sample;
- define and apply simple random sampling;
- identify and determine different types of selection bias and sampling errors, andexplain how to avoid these errors in survey sampling, such as selection and estimation errors, and apply these techniques;
- describe and identify the different sampling methods, including systematic, stratified random, cluster, convenience, panel, and quota sampling, and identify an example of each; and
- use a point estimator from a sample to estimate the entire population.
Last modified: Friday, 15 May 2015, 4:23 PM